Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reasons to Reshape It All

I had victory last night, as I did not give in to having a snack after church! I've gotten into the bad habit of having a snack after the kids go to bed. Would I let my kids snack after dinner? More than likely not. Then why do I do it? Because I'm the mom, and I deserve it. Really? Okay. That's a bad reason. Do I really enjoy the extra pounds hanging out at my midsection? No, but they've been hanging around so long now that they feel like family.

In all seriousness, I'm finally kicking those pounds to the curb! Health-wise, last year was a bad year for me. Okay. Fine. But that doesn't mean that I have to let 2010 leak into 2011. And so far 2011 is starting out pretty well. I hit my highest weight in January, but now I'm down 15 pounds from that high weight to the lowest weight I've had in over a year!

Candace gives three reasons why diets don't work. I see myself in all three reasons. I'm undisciplined; I don't allow myself treats in moderation; and I'm not convicted about why I need to lose the weight. Today I'm going to list out the reasons why I want to lose the weight.

  1. If I expect to keep up with my kids, I need to be healthier and stronger.  
  2. I want to glorify God by taking care of the temple He has given me.
  3. Honestly, I just want to feel good about myself in a non-conceited kind of way. When I know I don't look my best, I get grumpy with my family. When I know I look good, there's an extra spring in my step. Plus I want to look good for my husband. I want him to be proud of me. I mean, he thinks I look good anyway, but I want to feel like I look good for him. 
And that is really it. I hope it doesn't seem to shallow, but these are my reasons for getting healthier. After this last episode of immobilizing pain in my back, I do not ever want to be like that again! I want to be strong and able to fulfill my duties to my family and God.

This morning was a good morning of exercise. I walked my daughter to school this morning, which is more than 1.5 miles away. Then after I got home, I mowed the lawn. I'm now done for the morning and feel more than entitled to sit for a while. James will be home soon, so I'd better relax now while I can!

Live in freedom!

1 comment:

Darlene Schacht said...

I love that! You're doing great!